Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Phelps is a Better WR than Chad Johnson

In response to being asked about Michael Phelps last Chad Johnson made the statement that he is a better swimmer than Phelps. As a result, I think Phelps is a better WR than Chad. Johnson said the following on PTI last week:

"The problem with Michael Phelps is there’s no competition where he is,” Johnson said. “Now if he came to where I’m from, which is the inner city, Liberty City [in Miami], I was the three-time Charles Hadley Pool champ. . . . I know a couple people who could beat Michael Phelps right now. Seriously, I’m telling you. And I’m one of them.”

In the past I have found a lot of what Chad Johnson has said funny, but this comment just comes off as sounding a bit weird. Cinco just sounds jealous of attention that Phelps is getting right now, and is begging for some of that same attention to go his way. The reality is, Johnson is a small fish, in a big pond of Pro Athletes...known more for his mouth than his game, and not really known at all outside of NFL fans and circles. He will never attain the fame that Phelps has right now, and I think he knows it. As a result, CJ decides to take the high road and just hate on Phelps for no real reason whatsoever.

I dont mean to be a hater as well, but from my point of view, if CJ were to ever say, jump into the dog pound again, I hope he would be made to regret that decision.

No comments: