Friday, December 11, 2009

A.L. Casoni presents.... "Finally......"

So, where do I start? Well, I'll say this. This morning I woke up at 7 am (after closing the local Pittsburgh watering hole down in my brown and orange gear) and even though I like my job, I was the most excited I have ever been to go to work. Ear to ear baby, all day long, and it was fun, really fun. Even if its temporary, even if Roethlisberger never loses to the Browns again, I will never forget this day. But let's talk about the game. The best part of the game actually happened at halftime that some people don't know about. A couple minutes before the Browns headed out to the field for the second half, Mangini told the Browns flat out, "Do not even bother coming back in to this locker room without a win. I'll dead bolt the door shut, and I'm dead serious." That's bad ass. That is exactly what this team needed. The defense was absolutely outstanding when you actually factor in who they are playing without. 8 sacks too? That's phenomenal. Seriously though, i just don't get this funk the Steelers are in. I mean, they aren't that bad of a football team, but they just can't put anything together, but hey, I am just fine with that. The Browns beat the Steelers in every aspect of the game, every single one. Did Quinn play a great game? No, he didn't, but he didn't turn the ball over, and he did what he had to do. You know what player made himself the most money down the road in that game last night? Troy Polamalu. The dude is a stud to begin with, and now everyone sees how this defense plays without him, he might as well be given a blank paycheck when his next contract negotiation rolls around. So Hines Ward calls the loss to the Browns "embarrassing", huh? Ya, that's fine, I'm ok with that, since you did me a huge favor last night. You didn't smile like all game like a 15 year old boy who is making his first appearnace at a strip club. You were stopped by Ferocious Furrey.....

Late

No comments: