Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Brad Miller for JJ Hickson?

The reason I ask is because in the latest edition of Sports Illustrated, Ian Thomsen listed (5) trades that he thought "should be made by the February deadline."

Among them, was a proposed deal of Eric Snow and JJ Hickson to the Kings for Brad Miller and his $23.6 million contract that expires in 2010. (pg 82) After deliberating on this possible trade I came to the following conclusion:

If this deal really did present itself, and I were the Cavaliers, I would make the trade. You loose the contract dollars of an Eric Snow that come off the books at the end of this year, and you give up a talented young big in Hickson, but...you get a 7 footer in Miller who can score, rebound, and also pass the basketball. He wouldn't start. You would still start Z and Wallace, but he would be better than Hickson this year coming off the bench.

This isn't a move the Cavaliers have to make, and I continue to believe that they can win it all as constructed, but if this deal presented itself, I say it is a move they should make. It makes you better, and deeper this year, without impacting you adversely in offseason of 2010.

No comments: