Sunday, May 17, 2009

Orlando it is!

Well Cavs Fans I'd be lying if I said I wanted to see Orlando come out of this series. I was looking forward to seeing our Cavs play a lot of meaningful minutes against Starbury and Michael Rappaport, err, Brian Scalabrine. Plus it would have just been nice to stick it to Boston in 4 or 5 games. But alas we get the super powered center and his merry shooters led by Stan Van Jeremy himself.

The thing that scares me about the Magic is that they are the type of team that can get hot and beat us in our building and Dwight Howard has the capability of making big Z look really old on the defensive end. But in the end we still have the last trump card. As good as Dwight Howard is he simply can't dominate a game like Lebron can. He's gonna have a much harder time pulling down 20 boards and swatting 5 shots when he's covering Z 18 feet from the tin.

In the regular season they beat us pretty good in Orlando with Z and West injured. We beat them in a nail biter at full strength back home at the Q because Lebron went Lebron, then of course the game happened that had me all nervous late in the season when the Magic were so hot that Marcin Gortat hit a 3 in the 4th quarter. In that game they went 13-27 from 3 and shot 53% from the field. If that happened again even once Coach Brown would have to be given mouth-to-mouth at halfcourt by our trainer, Mike Wilbon (http://photos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2008/12/max_benton_lebron_james.html). Something tells me it won't be happening 4 more times.

After thinking about it more I came to realize that my Cleveland sports cynicism was just creeping back a little bit. I'm just trying to find bad news in the fact that the Cavs have been a wrecking ball in the playoffs thus far and have the best player on the planet rested up and hungry as hell. Something tells me there's more to fear in Orlando thinking about having Hedo "I couldn't stop Wally Sczerbiak in our 1st matchup" Turkoglu trying to slow down the King.

See you at the game Wednesday night. If you're one of the guys paid to walk around on the rafters look up and give me a wave.

No comments: