Friday, March 6, 2009

Joe Smith Back With Cavaliers

Word is Joe Smith will be in uniform tonight when the Cavaliers travel to the G-aaa-den to take on B -aas-t-e-n, and count me as excited to see the big 6'10"former #1 pick overall back wearing Wine and Gold. I liked him when he was here, and I was sad to see him go. He is a solid bench player, and is valuable pick-up, especially Wallace on the shelf. Smith is a guy that can be counted on play (20) minutes a game, give you decent defense, score (6) points, and grab (4) boards night in and night out. That is what he averaged in his (13) playoff games with us last year, and that is what he averaged in his (33) games with the Thunder this year. My only thing with Joe Smith is this.,, Don't tell me that now the Cavaliers are a legitimate title contender, and can win it all now - that they signed Smith. That is ridiculous. The Cavaliers could have competed for and won an NBA championship as assembled two weeks ago. Joe Smith doesn't hurt at all, don't get me wrong, but lets not overlook how good this team really is, and how good it has really been all year long. Nevertheless, I am glad to see him back, and so is LeBron:

“The short time that we had with Joe on this team was great,” said LeBron James before taking on Miami on Monday. “(He’s) one of the best guys, one of the best teammates I’ve ever had. I’d definitely love to have him back.”

No comments: